BULA!!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Plates

Ok weird title thats making me hungry eeeven though i'm eating everything and anything thats infront of me right now lol...but the plates that i mean here are the plates that Lehi commanded Nephi to get from Laban. :) ok I started reading the BOM again yay and this morning i came across the notes i took from the last time i attempted to finish the BOM and this really stood out to me and jus wanted to share it with my million fans (mandi, lavi, leeann hahaha) out there reading my blog  lol i read this quote somewhere, i forgot to write who said it but its based out of 1 Nephi 4:13. here goes

"There will be plates in your own lives...maybe you will demonstrate persistence in obtaining your education. Perhaps you will be called on to exhibit courage when you're dating. Whatever the sacrifices, the roadblocks, the setbacks, the heartbreaks-- whatever it takes to preserve your future family and keep them from dwindling in unbelief-- go back and get the plates."

this quote made me think hard about my life right now...because whatever i do now i'm preparing for my future family. wow thats a good motiavator to choose the right... Kinda making me rethink my actions or thoughts because i wanna preserve my future family and keep them from dwindling in unbelief. It also makes me realize that whenever or whatever situation i'm in in life "going back to get the plates" aka reading the scriptures will help me out greatly. I heard someone say, you pray to talk to Heavenly Father and Heavenly Father speaks to you through the scriptures. So what better way or who better to seek advice from then from our Heavenly Father who knows each and every one of us and loves us and wants us to be happy :) This also reminds me of a talk that was given by Sis Maryann Cook at the last general conference. She said "don't do anything that we don't want to see our children do" and "to have one hand on the iron rod and one hand on the world is endangering our children." Its kinda hard to have both hands on the iron rod nowadays cause Satan is working extra hard to make things of the world so appealing. I've fell for that trap so many times and ya its still a work in progress but that's the beauty of the atonement :) Its also scary to think that when we have kids we are responsible for raising them and hopefully we do it the right way, but thats a whole another topic lol ok ramble so'o...i jus write wats going thru my head and my thoughts are jus all over the place right now lol i'm jus happy to be reading again and hope i'l finish it this time...i need all the encouragement i can get cause i'm A.D.D like that lol

anyways, it is my goal from now onwards to do better for my childrens sake. ooh cant wait to have em too  hahaha ok off topic lol ok its super late sooo i goin man down! looove you guyz!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. lovin the blogs aggz :) keep em coming! this whole blogging thing is such a good idea for us mature, grown people! lol luv ya sis

    ReplyDelete